Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Airport to city, How long

My flight into Prague is scheduled for 9:15 AM, If possible I need to be in the City Center by 10:30 -10:45.





I%26#39;ve always used public transport via Bus nr. 119 to the Dejvicka then Metro/Tram. I%26#39;ve always been chilled in the past taking in my surroundings to notice how long the journey has taken.





Assuming my flight lands on time or a little early, do you think I%26#39;ll have time to get into the city via the bus, Taxi or no chance at all!




|||



%26gt; .. 9:15 AM, If possible I need to be in the City Center by 10:30 - 10:45





You forgot to mention if you have a checked luggage or not. That could make a differece of 10 - 30 minutes.




|||



Good point,





No I wont have checked in luggage, just my small rucksack




|||



depends what is %26quot;city center for you%26quot; but for public transport:





approx half an hour by bus to dejvicka, then approx 10 minutes to downtonw (vaclavske square)





add additonal 10-15 minutes for changes and waiting and you are on 50~60 minutes





Have no idea if you will have any luggage except cabin one, which will take some time to grab.









you can save about 10~15 minutes by using taxi from airport to Dejvicka, you will not probably save a time using taxi to your destination, especially during these days when there are some traffic jams around dejvicka (to centre) due to tunnel construction near there..







From my perspective of Prague citizen, I will take a taxi to dejvicka at least.




|||



%26gt; depends what is %26quot;city center for you%26quot;





Good point too. Where exactly do you need to be by 10h30-45?




|||



OK



More precisely Náměstí Míru Area so still on Metro Line A from Dejvicka.





It%26#39;s looking like it may be possible providing my flight is not to late but time could be tight.




|||



If your flight is not late, I think you would make it by public transport all the way. The buses (119) run each 10 minutes at that time of the morning and take about 25 minutes to Dejvicka, metro to Namesti Miru less than 15 minutes, and the metro is also very frequent. So the trip should not take more than 40 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment