Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Prague Honeymoon Nov/Dec

We%26#39;re gettiing married in November and we%26#39;re trying to settle on a destination for a short romantic winter honeymoon. I%26#39;d love to go to Prague but I need advice and recommendations if possible!



Are the christmas markets in Prague worth going to or are they better in other cities? Any ideas of hotels that could be romantic/quirky/comfortable and um not pricey (poor groom - poor bride, we can afford our own woolly socks though so we%26#39;ll manage the weather!). I did find one hotel I liked the look at but when I went to check dates -late Nov, early Dec - it had no availability so my final question Is it too late to book now? I hope someone out there can help us - I%26#39;d love to get this sorted and have something to look forward to - other than the actual wedding of course!






|||



christmas markets are pretty much the same everywhere. I didn`t find any difference between the markets is prague and in vienna for example. But you`ve chosen the right place for %26quot;a short romantic winter honeymoon%26quot;







You should define what you mean by %26quot;not pricey%26quot;





BTW I don`t think you are late. There are many hotels in prague and certainly you`ll find something suitable




|||



I love Prague at this time of year and the magical atmosphere of the markets is fantastic and this year I believe they open on November 28th.For hotels try this site http://www.travelcook.com/index.html you can tell them just what you want and they come highly recommended on here.



Below are a few suggestions on what to do and see.



Ride together in a horse-drawn carriage and open a bottle of local Bohemian Sekt sparkling wine.



Walk though the cobbled streets of Malá Strana up to the castle.



When you cross Charles Bridge make a wish at the polished statue of St John of Nepomuk, while looking towards Prague Castle. Day or night,



How about an evening cruise on the Vltava River. After that have a romantic dinner in an intimate eatery looking across the river, an atmospheric vaulted cellar restaurant in the Old Town or request a table with a castle view.



Make time to visit Prague%26#39;s State Opera and the Obecni Dum



Wander the cobbled streets at night and see the Týn Church, legendary Prague Castle and Charles Bridge all illuminated after dark.





This is just a few of the things you can do, I am sure others will be along to add to the list.



TORII




|||



Thank you for the replies - I%26#39;ve gotten some brilliant ideas. Just to clear up when I say %26#39;not pricey%26#39; I guess I mean hotels that cost less than 175euros per room. That still seems like a huge amount but just from looking at hotels online it prob works out bout average. I had looked at the Slavic hotel and they did seem perfect but no availability for the date. curses!






|||



You can get a very good room / appartment for this kind of money.





The Deluxe Suite at Pachtuv palace for example costs 179e

No comments:

Post a Comment