Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Please try the Search Box before posting

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g315917-i5571-k302…





I%26#39;ll move this to the Prague forum. I borrowed this from another forum that I found at random. It is also useful here :)





What are the best day trips from Prague? How do I get to Vienna? What%26#39;s the weather going to be like next Tuesday anybody?




|||



GCEK:





I offer sympathy, and best wishes, but it seems each major forum has a series of questions that are asked over and over.





In Prague, many times it%26#39;s %26quot;what%26#39;s the best beer, and how much does it cost?%26quot;





San Francisco has ongoing questions about visiting Alcatraz, and how do I get from the airport to downtown.





Amsterdam seems to have regular questions about hotel room prices using the bid sites.





etc, etc.





Sometimes I get so annoyed by those who want to know:



(fill in the name of the town) When should I go, what should I do, what should I wear, how much will it cost, et al. Perhaps they just do not know how to use the internet and TA for instituing searches. Or are they just plain lazy?





btw,



Keep your fine posting coming.



best,



tptr




|||



where%26#39;s the search box?




|||



I think the Top questions about PRAGUE box on the right could help a lot.





I added one question just for demo.




|||



I agree there are a lot of repetative posts and if people just did a search in the box which is located at the top of the forum I think a lot of information would be found,also I find a lot of people are sending me pms because they cant be bothered to post their questions on here,we are not travel agents and we do not get paid by TA and this is an open forum where there are more members who can offer advice rather than asking one person to do a persons whole itinenary ....



TORII




|||



praguepivo - put %26#39;search box%26#39; in the search box and you might find it.




|||



Torii I have given up answering PM%26#39;s on the Edinburgh forum as I have had so many from people asking very wide general questions that i just don%26#39;t have the time or inclination to answer.They are usually from people who do not post on the main forums.



they can find thier way to sending PM%26#39;s but can%26#39;t find the way to Forums.




|||



I find it much more annoying when I receive a PM, take the time to answer and get not even a thank you.




|||



Looks like a load of Český Krumlov ones are coming up... :)




|||



Bump




|||



Please, experts, do not get discouraged. Just like every finger on your hand is different so are the types of people on the board. Clearly there are those who do not know how to use the internet, those who are feeling entitled, those who think the world revolves around them and those with specific issues that only a local expert can answer.Better organization of the posts may help with a FAQ section.I for one have found your expertise quiet helpful and am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment