Wednesday, April 25, 2012

ATM's / exchange

I have searched all over and can%26#39;t seem to find a solid answer. I know that visa is excepted widely throughout the country.





I hold a bank account with a major Canadian bank and understand all of the fees associated with it....just wondering if I will have trouble taking money out in prague....I have a 4 digit numerical Pin and only have Plus %26amp; interact signs on the back of the card....note no cirrus or maestro.





Will I have difficulty finding a location to take money out and does anyone know what type of fee the czech banks will charge for allowing me to take out money. I am staying a few hundred meters from the castle on Nerudova st??




|||



Been to Prague twice and this Friday will be my third time. In my recent trips we have used both Visa to shop and pay for dinner while using bank card to withdraw money for spending money on grocery and subway fare and we had no problem of any kind. In my first year we used both CIBC and PCF bank card and they worked fine. Last year we used BMO and PCF and they worked fine as well. You should have no problem of getting cash out of the ATM in Prague or anywhere else your flight might be connected to.





Always have some petty cash handy before arriving. I believe most Canadian banks can order Czk in advance but you will probably pay a higher spread but since it is only petty cash you might not see the different.





Enjoy your trip.




|||



NB it is your bank rather than the Czech bank that might charge you. ATMs are everywhere.




|||



Is there an ATM at the airport? My BofA doesn%26#39;t sell CZK.





Thanks.




|||



There are 3 ATMs in the arrivals hall you can%26#39;t miss them.

No comments:

Post a Comment