Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Restaurants/places to eat around hotel U Krize,Mala Strana ?

What would you recommend for good but not very expensive restaurants/pubs around the hotel? I know in this area - Mala Strana most of the places are very expensive.





Thank you!




|||



%26gt; I know in this area - Mala Strana most of the places are very expensive.





Where did you hear that? I have agood news for you: you are wrong ;-) I am rather familiar with the area(I mean only as a tourist who have stayed right in the area about 5 times in the past 2 years, once at Hotel Roma next to U Krize and other times a few blocks away), I have eaten at Olympia a few times, desecent food and beer, quite inexpensive (soup/light main/desset dinner for 250-300 Koruna. That%26#39;s about €18.). Mexican Cantina I hear is good, Ex.Downtown Café now called Noh (?) serves nice Thai food, all inexpensive places, especially if you are coming from Western Europe/USA. Café Savoy is a little more expensive but the place is a bit more elegant and food is good. All in the immediate area from the hotel.





You will find more expensive side of Mala Strana closer to Nerudova street that leads to the Castle. Maybe that%26#39;s where you heard things are expensive because that%26#39;s tourist central. You will find more reasonably priced restaurants in Ujezd (where the hotel is located) area that%26#39;s a bit off the busy tourist area.




|||



Ferdinanda opened a new restaurant in Karmelitská. I know the one near Wenceslas Sq. really well and I%26#39;ve always liked it. I heard good things about the new one, too.





Then there is Baračnická Rychta, near the American Embassy (www.pivni-filosof.com/2009/02/hidden-gem.html)





A bit further, but really easy to reach (tram 22 takes you almost to the door) you have Klášterní Šenk, at the Břevnov monastery (not to be confused with Strahov, this one is out of Malá Strana).





Great place, great food, great prices (pivni-filosof.com/2008/…elevating-spirit.html)





Na Zdraví!




|||



Thank you for the great info!





My parents couldn%26#39;t get the U Krize so I need to look for something reasonable again - maybe Hotel Roma.

No comments:

Post a Comment