Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Hotel Brekkie

What sort of brekkie is served in Prague hotels, is it continental.. bread %26amp; jam..or maybe eggs , meats etc..? just read one hotel served cabbage ??? surely not..




|||



I have atsyed in several hotels in Prague and the breakfasts are usually pretty good ,some places better than othere.All the places I have been to have a buffet service.



fruit juice of various types plus coffee and tea,though i nave never really had decent tea in Prague so bring yopur own t-bags to use if you must.several types of cereals,lots of different bread and rolls ,slice cheeses ,hams and salami,various salad items,yougurts ,jams honey and marmalades,hot items like sausage bacon and eggs ,but don%26#39;t expect the style go get in Britain,but more than OK in my opinion.In some places I have had porridge or a veriosn of it and in one place hot soup was available for breakfast but this was in the wintertime.there are usually machines for toasting bread as well.



As to the cabbage



thats a possibility as will be hot mixed veg and thing liked pickled pumkin and other pickled items.



on a trip several years ago i placed what i though was sliced peaches on to of my cornflakes poured on some milk and sat down and took a very large mouthfull of the mix,to my horror my %26quot;peaches%26quot; were pickled pumpkin and my breakfast was nearly splattered around the dining area,i did manage to force the stuff down but it was pretty close.



I don%26#39;t think you will go hungry just watch out for wolves in sheeps clothing.




|||



Don´t worry, cabbage is definitely not a common part of brekkie in Czech...! :-))) Will depend on a hotel you choose whether they will be serving a continental breakfast (bread%26amp;butter%26amp;jam, ham, cheese, eggs, sweet cakes) or a buffet breakfast with most common brekkie groceries.




|||



It was me who had the option of cabbage!!!and it was raw.In my opinion breakfasts are not one of the best meals in Prague ,not in hotels that is.



TORII




|||



We are staying at Caesar Palace it does state 4* so Tori i was hoping for at least eggs bread %26amp; jam, so fingers crossed, could not eat cabbage for breakfast though :-(





Gus i will take my own tea bags, even think i will pack a cartoon of my soya milk..never done that before, so hope it doesn%26#39;t get confiscated it will be in my hold luggage..




|||



The Czech people don%26#39;t usually drink tea with milk, that%26#39;s why their tea is not so strong as your UK Tetley%26#39;s for example. But it is much better if you drink it with lemon (or Czech RUM).



The most unusual breakfast item I had was %26#39;podmáslí%26#39;



(buttermilk) - i.e. sour milk, but it was excellent.



But not exactly flying off the shelves.



Some hotel%26#39;s breakfasts are excellent with choice of eggs, omelettes, smoke salmon, fresh fruit, but it all depends which establishment you are staying in.I would hope that a 4 star hotel provides all of the above (except possibly podmaslí) :)




|||



Caesar%26#39;s Palace is, if I%26#39;m not mistaken, a sister hotel of Hotel Roma also 4* on the other side of the river. I have stayed at Hotel Roma and their breakfast buffet was quite good (if nothing extraordinary) with usual hot (sausauge, egg ..) and cold items. There were also tomatoes and slices of cucumebers with condiments but I don%26#39;t remember if they had cabbage ;-) - very probably not. They also had, besides bread and croissants, different kinds of filled pastries that were good. I espcially liked their yoghurt, mass produced kind in plastic cups but they were creamy and tasted better than most others I had ever tasted anyhwere, e.g. Switzerland or France. At Caesars%26#39; Palace, I would expect something similar, if not exactly the same.




|||



Anyway you are not going to a %26quot;3rd world country%26quot; so as said above by the others, nothing to worry. 15-20 years ago it would have been different though. I stayed at 4* hotels then and the breakfast was quite poor, what I remember is, weak coffee and milk, dry cakes, veges and fruits of inferior quality. One of the hotels was Ambassador (classed as 4*+ today?) on Wenceslas Square. Things have changed a lot (for the better)in 15 years for me. Usually I get better food at 3* hotels today than 4* then.




|||



Thxs Kat, i checked out Caesar Palace review on here should have done that first ! and it does seem they do really good breakfasts, we normally skip lunch or just have cake %26amp; coffee %26amp; take dinner around 6.30pm, leaving us time for a long evening stroll and a few night caps :-)




|||



I just returned from a stay at the Hotel Josef, where I had the best breakfast I%26#39;ve ever had at any hotel in the world, and I%26#39;ve travelled all over.





A sample of what was available: 4 kinds of berries, 4 kinds of melon, kiwi, mango, and many other fruits, 10 kinds of nuts %26amp; seeds, 5 different breads, a cheese board that was unbelievable (Brie, Parmesan, blue cheese, goat%26#39;s cheese, Pecorino, 3 kinds of Swiss cheese), eggs any way you like, pancakes, 5 kinds of yoghurt, at least 6 cereals, porridge, potatoes, beans, smoked salmon, tuna, and pastries. I probably left out a few things! I loved the hotel anyway, but the breakfast was certainly the icing on the cake. It was amazing.




|||



Other than salmon-tuna %26amp; potatoes ?? thats a very good breakfast spread..

No comments:

Post a Comment