Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Good restaurant, real czech food

Hello!



My family is taking our mom to Prague for her 60th birthday in november. For the birthday dinner we would like a nice restaurant that serves real czech food (no french or italian, please). I saw there was a similar post from 2005 but hopefully there are new good restaurants that you%26#39;ve tried. We are staying near Staroměstské náměstí but any area would be OK. Are the restaurants from Kampa Group (Kampa Garden, Cowboys, etc.) good or it%26#39;s just the name?



Thank you!




|||



IMHO are a little overpriced and definately not you can call real czech food.




|||



Do a search in the box above this is a question that gets asked a lot.



TORII




|||



Torii/abfab/anybody - have you eaten in the beer hall in the Obecní dům recently?



The reason I ask is that I used to go quite regularly as the food was fabulous and utterly Czech - it had the best koleno I have ever had, and although it was a little on the pricey side, the surroundings are beautiful.



Then I went again in 2006 taking some American friends, promising them a feast, but it was awful - plastic poorly-translated buffet-style menu, extremely expensive, and the koleno had all been taken off the bone !!! I haven%26#39;t returned since. Maybe it was just an aberration - I hope so.




|||



I havent eaten there lately,the last time I just went to the restaurant, I have a feeling Gus has been ,



He has certainly drunk there ,not sure if he has eaten there.http://aebulu.notlong.com





TORII










|||



Sorry that should be.





http://aebulu.notlong.com




|||



I went a couple of weeks ago, but not to the Beer Hall, just Kavarna, not hugely expensive but good snacks, good beer and excellent service.




|||



www.vzatisi.cz



www.ladegustation.cz/en/





not PURE czech one but definitely worth of visit

No comments:

Post a Comment