Saturday, April 21, 2012

Dining in Prague

Can anyone identify either of these 2 cafe/restaraunts in Prague .One is a very well known it has a snooker room serves great breakfast ,the staff wear aprons and its sort of 1930%26#39;s art deco style it overlooks one of the main streets near to Tesco I believe , and I recall a fish tank and souveneir shop selling postcards as you reach the top of the stairs .





The other maybe a little more difficult to describe it was Czech cuisine restaraunt family owned and I believe the owners used to be cooks to a former President/Politician of the Czech republic. It is located on a side street off Lipova going towards the square and the road is quite steep on the approach to it .You enter through a small gate a little like accessing a private house.There are two dining areas and the tables have white linen table cloths it is very quaint and frequented mainly by locals . I know both have a web site but have lost their details .If nyone recognises them please can you let me know their names .




|||



http://www.cafelouvre.cz/cs/ - maybe??




|||



I%26#39;d also say the first one is Cafe Louvre.





Your description for the second fits Posezení U Čiriny, exactly:





…blogspot.com/2008/04/posezen-u-iriny.html





http://www.rest2000.cz/uciriny?lang=en




|||



%26gt; a snooker room, the staff wear aprons, 1930%26#39;s art deco style, it overlooks one of the main streets near to Tesco, a fish tank and souveneir shop selling postcards as you reach the top of the stairs .





No question, all above indicate le Café Louvre




|||



Many thanks for your reply ( and links )I wasnt sure anyone would know of this place amongst many 1000%26#39;s of restaraunts in Prague but it was very good when I ate there and so I am recommending it to friemds who are in Prague next week .




|||



I think Brewsta loves the pudding like thick hot chocolate at le Café Louvre.

No comments:

Post a Comment